A patented directional steering control system that oscillates drill pipe to reduce friction and increase rate of penetration.
ROCKit ® Base System - Directional Steering Control
- Patented technology that oscillates drill pipe to reduce drag and increase ROP
- Precise angle offset control simplifies toolface orientation
- Available as software upgrade on all Canrig AC top drives
- Add-on technology for AC top drives from other vendors
ROCKit ® HUD™ - Integrated MWD Heads Up Display
- Integrated MWD toolface and survey data helps driller slide more effectively
- Provides unambiguous, real-time toolface advisory
- System “scores” the driller’s ability to maintain the toolface and slide effectively
- Torque and delta pressure displayed on screen provide leading indicatorsof toolface steering problems
ROCKit ® Pilot™ - Automated Directional Steering Control
- Extends ROCKit® HUD functionality to include automated slide control
- Automatic toolface steering through top drive quill position control
- Allows tuning of frequency and aggressiveness of steering interventions
- Driller can combine manual control with ROCKit® Pilot™ automated steering
- The ROCKit® Suite significantly increases ROP by rocking pipe and delivering ideal weight to bit.
- It promotes improved toolface control by allowing fine adjustments while still drilling ahead, reducing the need for lubricants and other friction reducing additives.
- Drillers save time by quickly setting toolface orientation.
Drilling Performance 1504.pdf
Size : 304.55 Kb
Type : pdf